Monday, April 18, 2011

Food for Lazy People aka Black Bean Casserole

I got back from whale watching and feeling seasick yesterday so I was not in the mood to get fancy. I looked in the pantry, saw some ingredients and came up with a black bean casserole for lazys.

1 can of black beans
1 can of either Rotel chiles and tomatoes or chopped tomatoes and chiles
1 bag of tortilla chips
about a cup or so of cheddar Daiya
2 green onions

Preheat oven to 350. Smash a bunch of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a small casserole dish, enough to cover the bottom. Pour about half the can of beans (drained!) over the chips. Then pour half the tomatoes and chiles over that. Chop one of the green onions and sprinkle over the tomatoes, then put about half the cheese over that. Then put another layer in the same order, using a little more cheese on top. Put in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty.
I served mine with some homemade guacamole, which I made while the casserole cooked. In the future, I may add soy crumbles.
And TADA! Casserole for lazy vegans! Would also taste great with Tapatio or Sririacha (or however you spell it).

No comments:

Post a Comment