Saturday, April 9, 2011

Disneyland Vegan Food Pt. Two

I spent a chunk of my day Friday looking at every single store at Disneyland for a Snow White purse Mikey was supposed to buy me for my birthday (it was sold out). It was to no avail. I did, however, get a chance to try Disneyland's vegetarian (actually vegan) chili, located at the Harbor Gallery across from the Haunted Mansion. They also have it in California Adventure, next to the Boudin Bakery place.



It was pretty meh. First of all, the service sucked. I asked the guy for one vegetarian chili in a bread bowl and he said "what about it?" I then repeated my order. He asked if I wanted cheese and I said no. Then he said "you don't want cheese?" I said no. He "Okay then" in this tone. I don't know what his deal was, but it was rude. He ruined my magic.

The chili itself was whatever. It had corn in it and I don't particularly care for corn in my chili. It also tasted like most of the ingredients were canned if not the chili itself. Also, I make my chili with veggie crumbles and this, of course, didn't have any. My recommendation is if you want something in a bowl, go across the way to the Royal Street Veranda next to the Nightmare Before Christmas store and have the gumbo. Far superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment